FUNDAMENTALS OF MANAGEMENT AND ENVIRONMENT July 2014
SECTION A: ( 32 marks)
Answer ALL the questions in this section in the spaces provided.
1. List four economic factors within the environment that are likely to affect the operations
Of a business organization. ( 4 marks)
2. State four ways in which a business enterprise may benefit from good organization
( 4 marks)
3. Outline three limitations of applying the trait theory of relationship in an organization.
( 3 marks)
4. Highlight three consequences of poor control in an organization. ( 3 marks)
5. Highlight three factors that may determine the level of employee salaries( 3 marks)
6. State three duties that an office receptionist would be be expected to carry out in an
Organization. ( 3 marks)
7. Outline three limitations of using the system approach to management. ( 3 marks)
8. State three roles of a manager in relation to his subordinates in an organizations.(3 marks)
9. Outline three benefits that an organization may get from hiring another company to clean
Its offices. ( 3 marks)
10. List three sources of business ethical standards in an organization. ( 3 marks)
SECTION B: ( 68 marks)
Answer FOUR questions from this section.
11. (a) Highlight four functions that the top level management may perform in an organization.
( 8 marks)
(b) Explain six limitations that may be faced when planning in an organization.( 9 marks)
12. (a) Kito company limited has decided to introduce a functional organization structure.
Explain six challenges that the company may experience as a result of introducing the
Structure. ( 9 marks)
(b) Highlight four indicators of effective administration in an organization. ( 8 marks)
13. (a) outline four benefits that may be obtained by an organization adopts a laissez-faire
Style of leadership. ( 8 marks)
(b) Explain six ways in which the use of computers can assist managers in carrying out their
Duties. ( 9 marks)
14. (a) Describe the steps that should be followed in the process of control in an organization.
( 8 marks)
(b) Highlight six benefits that may be obtained by an organization as a result of filing its
Office documents. ( 9 marks)
15. (a) Explain six reasons that may make it necessary for an organization to carry out human
Resource planning. ( 9 marks)
(b) Explain four essential qualities that an effective supervisor should possess.( 8 marks)