Food Science And Nutrition October/November 2012
DIPLOMA IN SOCIAL WORK AND COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT MODULE I
DEVELOPMENT ECONOMICS AND ENTREPRENEURSHIP EDUCATION
SECTION A: DEVELOPMENT ECONOMICS.
Answer any TWO questions from this section.
1. (a) Explain three motives of holding money. ( 6 marks)
(b) Explain the meaning of the term “international trade”. ( 2 marks)
( c) evaluate six reasons negatively impacting on most developing countries not to realize the
full benefits from international trade. ( 12 marks)
2. (a) explain the term ‘fiscal policy” ( 2 marks)
(b) Evaluate five objectives of fiscal policy in developing countries. ( 10 marks)
(c) Describe four functions of money market in Kenya. ( 8 marks)
3. (a) Discuss five problems encountered by trade unions in underdeveloped countries.
( 10 marks)
(b) Globalization has various positive aspects which affect the world in several different
Ways. Analyze five positive effects of globalization in developing economies.(10 marks)
4. (a) explain the meaning of the following terms:
i. Liberalization; (2 marks)
ii. Taxation; (2 marks)
iii. Balance of payment (BOP); (2 marks)
iv. Manpower planning; (2 marks)
(b) Discuss six principles functions of taxation in developing countries. (12 marks)
SECTION B: ENTREPRENEURSHIP EDUCATION
Any any TWO questions from this section.
5. (a) Mr. yellow intends to invest in Kenya in order to increase his productivity and
Profitability. Highlight five external motivational factors should consider before his
investment. ( 10 marks)
(b) Explain five enterprise social responsibilities to the government. ( 10 marks)
6. ( a) (i) explain the term consumerism. ( 2 marks)
(ii) Discuss four ideas of consumerism as an emerging issue in entrepreneurship.
( 8 marks)
(b) Highlight five reasons why entrepreneurs need to generate business ideas.( 10 marks)
7. ( a ) technology is rapidly changing in business world and as greatly impacted on the
Performance of business organizations. Analyze five positive effects of information
Communication technology to small business enterprises. ( 10 marks)
(b) State five major entrepreneur’s responsibilities in managing human resources.
( 10 marks)
8. ( a) explain five techniques entrepreneurs should adopt to ensure effective time
Management. (10 marks)
(b)(i) Discuss the factors to consider when determining the most suitable source of
Raising capital for your business. ( 8 marks)
(ii) State two types of business finance for an entrepreneur. ( 2 marks