KNEC 2016 history past paper 1
KNEC 2016 history past paper 2
KCSE HISTORY 2016
SECTION A (25 marks)
Answer all the questions in this section in the answer booklet provided.
1. Give one type of written materials used by historians as a source of History and Government.(1 mark)
2. Give one negative effect of the land enclosure system in Britain during the 18th Century. (1 mark)
3. Mention one type of trade.
4. Highlight two uses of copper in Africa during the 19th Century,
5. Identify two metals used as currency in pre-colonial Africa.
6. Identify two groups who participated in the Trans-Atlantic Trade.
7. Give one reason that led to the decline of Meroe as an early urban centre. (1 mark)
8. Outline the main factor that led to the growth of the ancient town of Kilwa. (1 mark)
9. Identify two reasons why early urban centres in ancient Egypt developed along the Nile Valley.(2 marks)
10. Identify two officials who assisted the ruler of the Shona to administer the Kingdom.(2 marks)
11. Mention one consequence of the French Assimilation Policy in Senegal.(1 mark)
12. Name two principal organs of the United Nations.(2 marks)
13. Qive one economic problem experienced by the British colonialist in Nigeria.(1 mark)
14. State two objectives of the African National Congress in South Africa.(2 marks)
15. Identify one financial institution established by the African Union. (1 mark)
16. Identify the country that was blamed for the outbreak of the First World War. (1 mark)
17. Mention two ways in which Non-Aligned members safeguarded their National Security.
SECTION B (45 marks)
Answer any three questions from this section in the answer booklet provided.
(a) Give three disadvantages of hunting as an economic activity by early human beings,(3 marks)
(b) Describe six results of iron working technology on African communities before then19″1 Century.(12 marks)
(c) Outline three challenges faced by factory workers in Europe during the IndustrialRevolution. (3 marks)
(d) Describe six factors that have encouraged industrialization in South Africa. (12 marks)
(e) Outline five economic activities of the Asante during the 19th Century. (5 marks)
(f) Highlight the social organisation of the Buganda Kingdom during the pre-colonial period. (10 marks)
(g) Give five reasons that encouraged nationalists in Mozambique to use armed struggle to
attain independence. (5 marks)
(h) Explain the challenges faced by the Nationalists in Mozambique. (10 marks)
SECTION C (30 marks)
Answer any two questions from this section in the answer booklet provided
(a) Outline five aims of the Organisation of African Unity (OAU). (5 marks)
(b) Discuss the difference between the Organisation of African Unity (OAU) and the African Union (AU). (10 marks)
(c) Highlight the role played by the United States of America (USA) in ending the second World War. (3 marks)
(d) Describe six causes of the Cold War after 1945. (12 marks)
(e) State three requirements one has to fulfill in order to contest as a Presidential candidate
in the United States of America (USA). (3 marks)
(g) Explain the functions of the United States Congress. (12 marks)